Website design internship programme
- Are you creative?
- Do you enjoy using words and images?
- Have you ever wanted to know how to build websites?
- Would you like to learn new skills and put them into practice working as a volunteer for a Chippenham community business?
If you are aged 16 – 21 and currently not in education or employment and the answer to any of those questions is yes, read on!
“The aim of the internship is to develop a team of junior web developers who will gain new web development skills which they can then put to use by helping local community businesses.”
What is included in the internship?
Part one: 3-month online web development course
Starts week commencing 11 January 2021
One-hour lesson every Wednesday lunchtime run by a local website developer learning how to create and develop a WordPress website plus minimum of one-hour home learning each week.
- How to create a website using WordPress
- How to design the site for your target audience
- Search engine optimisation
- Cookies, privacy and GDPR
Part two: 3-month work placement with a local Chippenham business
From mid-April 2021
- Part-time volunteer work placement (flexible hours)
- Regular support and mentoring from local web developers
- Aged 16 – 21 living in Chippenham or surrounding villages
- Not currently in full-time education or full-time employment
- Willingness to learn new skills and apply them working as a volunteer in a local community business
- Use of a laptop or PC highly advised rather than an i-pad
Hurry! Applications close at 5pm on 3 December