Re:fashion My Town is powered by volunteers.
There are several ways you can get involved:
- volunteering your time and expertise at the pop-up shop in Chippenham’s Emery Gate. The pop-up shop will be open for six weeks from 10am Saturday 7 September until 2pm on Friday 18 October. If you could offer a few days, that would be brilliant! The role would be helping with upcycling workshops and talking with the public about how to ‘green’ their lifestyles (Zero Chippenham are a key partner at the pop-up)
- helping with communications – writing press releases, blogs and other content for the website and social media channels
- assisting at a ‘swishing’ event on Saturday 14 September where people bring along and ‘swap’ unwanted items of clothing (great fun, and a real community-builder, by the way)
- fundraising – hosting a tea party or coffee morning, for example, or a sponsored activity
- undertaking research – perhaps interviewing teenagers and young people about their attitudes to fashion and their intentions around sustainability
- donating or maintaining essential equipment for the project, such as sewing machines
If you have particular expertise in clothing design, dressmaking, and/or staging a fashion show, we’d also love to hear from you.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be part of this exciting project.